Day #2 Stop Shopping Challenge

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I've done my 2 mile morning run, showered and prepared lunch so now I have some time to work on my blog since I am not shopping/spending any money.

Not only am I saving money but I am also getting myself organized.


Today I am looking at my budget and how I have it organized.  Overall, I like the way I have it set up in a binder.  Here are a few tips on how to get your financial house in order while on your 2 week shopping hiatus.


1.  Set up all of your bill for direct debit.  This will ensure you are never late on a payment (just make sure you have enough moeny in the bank to cover all of the deductions).

When I had my youngest in 2011 I was paying the bills myself online.  This task became very tedious and caused me to be late on a few bills.  I finally realized that I was now a mother of three and had too much on my plate.  That is when I decided to set up all my bills for direct debit and I am so happy I did.


2. Calculate your net worth and adjust it quartely.  When you see what you are really worth it helps you put needs and wants into perspective

3.  Review your current services (phone, internet, cable, lawn care) and see where you can get a better deal and save



***Today I had to spend a little on necessary items.****
1.  Folder for my daughter.  She needed a new one as per the teacher.
2.  Due to lack of preparation I also purchased two bottles of water for my daughter and I after my morning run and cost me $2.12.  Who goes running in 80 degree weather without water......... A person that leaves the house unprepared...ME!!!!  Not again!
Total spent $3.18

0 comments:

Post a Comment