Shopping Challenge: Stop Shopping and Save (Get Prepared)

Friday, May 9, 2014

The weekend is here.  Are you ready to stop shopping (unnecessarily) for 2 weeks.

 I know I am.  There are so may different levels you can take this to.  from not shopping unnecessarily  to actually not spending at ALL for a month.  Take a look at the below links if you want to take it to the next level.  Take a look at the below blogs.For now, I just want to tailor my spending habits.
Northwest Edible Life
Smallnotebook
Six Figures Under

.For now, I just want to tailor my spending habits.

As I prepare for my shopping hiatus I am NOT going to go out and splurge before D-DAY, instead....
1.  I am going to set a weekly budget for food, gas and necessary personal items.  Other than that I don't plan on buying any unnecessary items.

2.  Plan my time (I realize that unplanned times results in various shopping trips and nasty eating habits).

3.  Stock up on necessary items (pampers, wipes, meat, bread and eggs...all that good stuff) so that I go to the grocery store once a week (I am currently in the stores 2-3 times a week and frequent 2-3 stores just for food and necessary items)


Above all I have a goal and reason for this sacrifice.  This sacrifice will take me a step towards being debt free and having more free cash to save for retirement, kids college and travel.




So lets go.

Can't wait to hear what spending habits you are kicking to the curb and what you're reason is for this sacrifice.





0 comments:

Post a Comment